Flagstaff P& Z has three items on their Wednesday agenda. First up will be a review and discussion of the Southside Community Specific Plan.
The City of Flagstaff Comprehensive Planning program requests the public and that the members of the Planning and Zoning Commission review and provide comments on the public review draft of the Southside Community Specific Plan collectively at the meeting on January 8, 2019 and individually by February 4, 2020. Written comments can be submitted to Sara Dechter at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to : Sara Dechter; Community Development; 211 W Aspen Ave; Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
According to the staff report the draft Southside Community Specific Plan was prepared by the Comprehensive Planning program in coordination with the Southside Community Association, and staff and partners City-wide. The development of an area plan is a collaborative effort that starts with the community. Over the last 2 years, the team has built partnerships with local organizations, canvassed residents and business owners.
An Open House in March 2019 reviewed a first draft of potential goals, policies and strategies with the public. That feedback was then evaluated through a stakeholder committee formed by the Southside Community Association over 13 public meetings during the summer and fall of 2019.
The stakeholder committee reviewed and endorsed the draft plan in October 2019. The stakeholder committee members are:
- Mike Elson, Commercial and Residential Property Owner
- Deborah Ann Harris, Southside Community Association
- David Hayward, Chair of the Heritage Preservation Commission and CommercialProperty Owner
- Khara House, Multifamily Property Manager
- Marie Jones, Residential Property Owner
- Rick Lopez, Realtor and former City Councilmember
- Shirley Sims, Community organizer and Commercial Property Owner
- Valeria Chase and Steve Verdal, NAU representatives