In a press release Saturday Coconino County health officials announced additional COVID-19 specimen collections sites will be available in Tusayan and Williams this week.
The Tusayan site, located at 1 Clinic Rd Grand Canyon, AZ, will operate on Thursday, April 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Williams specimen collection site, located at 300 S 6th St Williams, AZ, will be open on Friday, April 17 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. A medical provider will be onsite at both locations and able to screen individuals for COVID-19 symptoms.
The Fort Tuthill specimen collection site will continue to operate Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. A referral from a medical provider is required to be tested for COVID-19.
Individuals experiencing mild respiratory illness, such as a slight fever or cough, should stay at home, monitor symptoms, contact their healthcare provider if needed and distance themselves from others as much as possible. Individuals experiencing serious symptoms should contact their healthcare provider for medical advice. Anyone experiencing a medical emergency should call 911.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 infection. As a reminder, CCHHS recommends taking these actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash hands frequently.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth with your upper sleeve or with a tissue when coughing orsneezing.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get a seasonal flu shot.For more information about COVID-19, please call 928-679-7300 or visit www.coconino.az.gov/covid19.