Wednesday August 12
FLAGSTAFF The City of Flagstaff announced the city will enter Stage One fire restrictions on Friday August 14, 2020. The restrictions will begin at at 8 – AM Friday. Fire restrictions are put in place in an effort to reduce the potential for unintentional human-caused wildfires within the city limits and the City says to lower the impacts of emergency response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stage One restrictions include the following:
- No permits are issued for open burning within the city.
- Use of charcoal barbecue grills is prohibited at Thorpe Park, McMillan Mesa Park, McPherson Park, Buffalo Park, Observatory Mesa, Picture Canyon Natural Area and private Campgrounds.
- No smoking at Thorpe Park, McMillan Mesa Park, McPherson Park, Buffalo Park, Disc Golf Courses, Flagstaff Urban Trail System (FUTS), Observatory Mesa or Picture Canyon Natural Area.
- Open fire pits and open flame devices (such as chimeneas) are prohibited (even those with a spark arrestor screen) within city limits.
- The sale or use of consumer-grade fireworks within the City is prohibited.
Flagstaff Police Department says it is expanding its patrol efforts in and around the community.
For more information on all fire restriction stages visit the city website here… http://www.flagstaff.az.gov/2981/Fire-Restriction-Stages.