Milton Rd Flagstaff

Walking Flagstaff Milton was a separate community from Flagstaff “located around the Arizona Lumber and Timber Company” and annexed by Flagstaff in 1920. “The only reminder of the company town around the mill was the name of Milton Road.” (Source: Flagstaff Past and Present, Richard and Sherry Mangum) The Arizona Lumber and Timber Company provided regular medical care to its employees for a monthly fee ranging from fifty cents to a dollar depending on their wages. The company hospital, Milton Hospital, was operated by Mary Carroll, a practical nurse, in her boarding house, with visits from a doctor on the company payroll. (Source: http://azstateparks.com/parks/rima/feature.html)

Walking Flagstaff Milton was a separate community from Flagstaff “located around the Arizona Lumber and Timber Company” and annexed by Flagstaff in 1920. “The only reminder of the company town around the mill was the name of Milton Road.” (Source: Flagstaff Past and Present, Richard and Sherry Mangum)

The Arizona Lumber and Timber Company provided regular medical care to its employees for a monthly fee ranging from fifty cents to a dollar depending on their wages. The company hospital, Milton Hospital, was operated by Mary Carroll, a practical nurse, in her boarding house, with visits from a doctor on the company payroll. (Source: http://azstateparks.com/parks/rima/feature.html)

Share: